NPM Academic Scholarships
NPM Academic Scholarships assist with the cost of educational formation for pastoral musicians in formal academic settings.
- NPM Membership
- Part-time or full-time enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate degree program during the 2018-2019 academic year, or in a continuing education program
- Program of study must relate to the field of pastoral music
- Demonstrated financial need
- Applicant should intend to work at least two years in the field of pastoral music following graduation/program completion
- Scholarships are awarded for one year only; a former recipient may reapply but should not assume that renewal is automatic
Scholarship funds may be applied only to registration, tuition, fees, or books. Scholarship is awarded for one year only; former recipients may re-apply, but renewal is not automatic.
This year, NPM and its partners are offering ten academic scholarships with a total value of $17,000.
- $3,000 NPM Members Scholarship
- $3,000 La Beca Juan XXIII (reserved for Spanish-language pastoral musicians)
- $2,000 Nancy Bannister Scholarship
- $1,500 James W. Kosnik Scholarship
- $1,000 Funk Family Memorial Scholarship
- $1,000 Dosogne Memorial Scholarship and Rendler-Georgetown Chorale Scholarship
- $1,000 Father Lawrence Heiman, cpps, Scholarship
- $2,500 OCP Scholarship
- $2,000 GIA Pastoral Musicians Scholarship
- A completed NPM Scholarship Application Form (pdf file)
- A recording that demonstrates your solo performance skills or those of an ensemble under your direction.
- The recording should be approximately five (5) minutes in length
- The recording should be emailed to NPMSing@npm.org (Subject: NPM Academic Scholarships)
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation, including one written by your Pastor (forms are included in the Application Form above)
- Completed Financial Need Statement
Application Deadline: April 27, 2018
Send all the completed forms to:
National Association of Pastoral Musicians
ATTN: NPM Academic Scholarships
962 Wayne Avenue, Suite 210
Silver Spring, MD 20910-4461
NPMSing@npm.org (subject line: NPM Academic Scholarships)
Scholarship applications cannot be reviewed without all completed forms.