The National Association of Pastoral Musicians (NPM), a nonprofit organization for church musicians, is looking for 3 interns in the DC metro area for Fall 2021 internships. We seek highly motivated, creative, and detail-oriented candidates. Interns contribute to the mission of NPM to foster the art of sung liturgy by offering their skills, talents, and insights. The purpose of an internship is to provide a valuable experience that enhances the student’s academic program or career preparation. This association has a variety of roles available, including but not limited to administrative functions, membership support, social media development, and programmatic support.
We seek up to three interns who can commit 15 hours/week over the fall (September 1 to December 15). The candidate will receive $750 at the completion of the internship. Remote work may be possible.
Required Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and writing skills
- Experience with major social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Ability to give and take feedback regarding projects
- Comfort with cold calling members
- Expert proficiency with Google Suite and Zoom
- Ability to handle confidential material with discretion
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet stringent deadlines
- Ability to work independently, as well as with colleagues in a team effort
Preferred Skills and Attributes:
- Experience with membership organizations and/or nonprofits
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud and InDesign
- Practicing Roman Catholic
- Interest in musical skills and development
- Creative thinker with a strong spirit of collaboration
- Verbal and written proficiency in a second language (Spanish, Tagalog, Vietnamese)
Submit cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.