NPM Program Scholarships
NPM Program Scholarships are provided to assist pastoral musicians with limited financial resources in taking advantage of opportunities for continue formation at NPM Annual Convention, the Guitar and Ensemble Institute, and One Call, Una Vocación. These scholarships are made possible from three primary sources:
- The 2018 Lenten Appeal funds the NPM Program Scholarship Fund through the generosity of NPM members who have made financial contributions
- The Paluch Family Foundation and World Library Publications (WLP) have donated $2,500 for NPM Program Scholarships
- The NPM Chapter in Detroit, Michigan, has donated $1,600 for Program Scholarships
Applicants for scholarships must be NPM members and should be from economically disadvantaged parishes. The financial need of the applicant should be reflected in the application. NPM encourages members of all ethnic and racial groups to apply for scholarships. Scholarship applications are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Scholarship awards cover the Registration Fee for the NPM Annual Convention, the Guitar and Ensemble Institute, or One Call, Una Vocación. All remaining costs must be borne by the applicant and/or his or her parish.
- NPM Annual Convention: application must be postmarked by May 1, 2018
- Guitar and Ensemble Institute: application must be postmarked by May 1, 2018
- One Call, Una Vocación: application must be postmarked by April 10, 2018
The Application Process
- Complete the NPM Program Scholarship Application (pdf file)
- A Letter of Recommendation completed by your Pastor or Pastoral Administrator (included in the Application Form above)
- Send all the completed forms to:
National Association of Pastoral Musicians
ATTN: Program Scholarships
962 Wayne Avenue, Suite 210
Silver Spring, MD 20910-4461
NPMSing@npm.org (subject line: NPM Program Scholarships)
Scholarship applications cannot be reviewed without all completed forms.
Scholarship recipients are expected to submit a follow-up report on their Convention or Institute experience, describing how the experience of the program helped grow your faith, prepare you for ministry, or support and enhance your ministry (approximately two pages).
The Paluch Family Foundation and World Library Publications (WLP) have donated $2,500 for program scholarships.
The NPM Chapter in Detroit, Michigan, has donated $1,600 for Program Scholarships.