- Work in teams of two to explore the convention facilities and various convention events, interviewing speakers and participants;
- Upload the video to Flip, Facebook, and other sites as needed.
- Outgoing personality and ability to engage others in conversation.
- Ability to operate a hand-held video camera for interviews and action shots;
- Skill in conducting interviews in an interesting, interactive, and respectful manner.
Youth Room Coordinators
- Set up the youth room on Sunday; break down the youth room Thursday
- Be present as chaperone for all open events.
- Work with Youth Committee to assure a safe fun environment is maintained for all youth.
- Be able to interact with youth attendees in a professional and hospitable way.
- Successful completion of Virtus training (or equivalent)
- Must be age 21 or older
Assignments, Training, Expectations, and Benefits
Assignments will be based on program needs, applicants’ preferences, and the number of applications that we receive. We will honor preferences as much as possible, but may assign applicants to other positions if needed.
Training for all three internships will take place on Sunday, July 13. Training session for technical interns will be held in the morning, while the other two sessions will be held in the afternoon.
Expectations: Interns will be required to work for 4 – 6 hours on each day, depending on the convention schedule for that day.
Benefits: Each intern will receive complimentary registration for the full convention and housing for five nights in hotel rooms shared with other interns. Interns must cover other costs associated with their participation (e.g., travel and food).
If you would like to apply for a youth internship position for the 2013 NPM National Convention you will need to:
- be an NPM member – youth, individual, or parish group (Campus ministry offices, schools, and other church institutions may join NPM as parish members);
- be at least 18 years old but not older than 23;
- have the ability to perform the internship position for which you are applying.
- Ability to be in St. Louis, Missouri, for the entire week of convention including Sunday training day.
To apply for a convention internship position, you will need to submit:
- a completed application form;
- a 500 – 1,000 word essay describing your previous and current involvement in music ministry and the particular gifts you bring to the internship program;
- a letter of reference from your pastor, music director, teacher, campus minister, or equivalent that speaks to your good character and your competence for the particular internship position for which you are applying.
Send the three documents together to NPM by one of the following methods:
- as an e-mail attachment to email@example.com (subject line: “internship application”);
- by fax to (240) 247-3001;
- by mail to NPM Convention Internships, 962 Wayne Avenue, Suite 210, Silver Spring, MD 20910.
All application documents must be postmarked or time stamped by June 1, 2014.